Wednesday, May 6, 2009

French Yogurt Cake


This is one of the recipes from Baking, From My Home to yours, by Dorie Greenspan that I saw on blog after blog after blog, looking delicious every time. It was chosen as a Tuesdays with Dorie recipe in mid-March by Liliana of My Cookbook Addiction

I whipped this up last Sunday and it was devoured within 24 hours. It is so easy to make, and has the most divine flavor and texture. We couldn't stop eating it. 

I decided to make mine in a loaf pan, as the recipe suggests, but you can also dress it up and make it more of a fancy cake - as many TWD members did. It is supposed to have a lemon marmalade glaze on it, and I did find lemon pear marmalade - which sounded so delicious - at the health food store I shop at, but it wasn't organic, and I just couldn't buy it. We're pretty particular about buying only organic food. They had plenty of organic orange marmalades to choose from, and even a pink grapefruit one, but I love lemon, and didn't want the zest in the cake to have any competition. In the end, I left it naked. It was so moist and delicious it didn't need anything, really.

We ate most of the cake plain - cutting slices every time we walked past it, but we also tried it with fresh strawberries and vanilla ice cream and that was fantastic too. Fun, simple, delicious - what more could you ask for?! Go make it! You can find the recipe here on Liliana's blog.



1 comment:

  1. I love that you are catching up on TWD recipes, aren't they GREAT.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis