Thursday, May 28, 2009

Rugelach



I find myself always saying that recipes were simple and easy to put together, but somehow it's always true. This rugelach is no exception.

This recipe comes from Dorie Greenspan's Baking, From My Home to Yours, and was chosen by Piggy of Piggy's Cooking Journal back in november of last year for Tuesdays with Dorie. You can find the recipe here.

I used fruit spread without sugar for the filling, along with ground almonds and currants. I omitted the cinnamon and sugar from the entire recipe, as well as the egg wash. They still browned beautifully.


I was really happy with how these turned out, and really surprised at how flaky the dough was. The dough came together quickly and easily, and I think could be used for all manner of pastries. My son loved them, and I will definitely be making them again. And again, and again, and again... 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis