Saturday, May 30, 2009

World Peace Cookies


Yet another spectacular recipe from Dorie Greenspan (and Pierre Herme). I loved these cookies. Loved. I loved everything about them. The texture, the flavor, the ease of making them, the fact that they're slice and bakes, the list goes on...

Before I made them, I read over the Tuesdays with Dorie P&Q from February (when the group baked these cookies). A lot of people had problems with the dough being too crumbly, but I had no problems at all - they were a breeze, and formed a log easily.

These are super chocolaty with cocoa in the batter and chocolate chips, but also contain salt - enough so that is a very present flavor. The salt is wonderfully unexpected, and a great complement to the intense chocolate. 

The recipe was chosen by Shari of Whisk: A Food Blog, you can find the recipe here. 



2 comments:

  1. I have always loved the looks of World Peace cookies. Talk about a wonderfully chocolatey cookie. And I love that the cookies get sliced as a sugar cookie would. Delish!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis