Friday, June 5, 2009

Linzer Sables


I loved linzer cookies as a kid. Its probably been 15 years since I've had one, but I still remember exactly the texture and taste of the ones I used to eat. So, when searching for a recipe to bake the other night, these jumped out of the book at me. I'm trying to catch up on all of the recipes that the Tuesdays with Dorie group baked before I joined, and these have already been made, so they seemed to be a perfect choice. 

I had a lot of fun making these, though I wished I had something other than circles to cut them out with... Ah well, next time...

The cookies were wonderful - crisp, not too sweet, nicely spiced, a touch of jam, perfect. 

These cookies were chosen by Noskos of Living the Life in December of last year. The recipe is available on his blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis